ETA SATURDAY EVE:
[therefore please ignore the following plea, which is preserved here for archival purposes only]
So, People of the Internet, the situation is this:
For the past several years I've done my writing on (imperfectly) resurrected computers. You can read some of the results of this keyboard-mashing here
. Recently, I've had yet another used computer die on me. If I want to finish book two of THE CRESCENT MOON KINGDOMS - not to mention several in-the-works short stories - I'm going to need a replacement. I haven't had a new computer in years. But like almost everyone else these days ("99%" of us, as it were), things are pretty rough for me financially at the moment.So I'm going to try and crowdfund a laptop. I'm trying to raise $1,000.
And there are prizes!
*Everyone* who contributes will be thanked in the Acknowledgments for Book II. You will also be entered into a raffle along the following lines:
$10-50 One raffle entry
$51-99 Two raffle entries
$100-200 Three raffle entries
$200+ Four raffle entries
Raffle winners will be chosen via random number generation. The first winner will have first prize pick. The second will have second pick. Etc.Prizes!:
- CRESCENT MOON KINGDOMS tuckerization I: A character whose name, gender, and appearance are roughly modeled upon you will appear in Book II and/or III as a doomed soldier in The Hundred Thousand Roses (the 'pseudo-Crusaders').
- CRESCENT MOON KINGDOMS tuckerization II: A character whose name, gender, and appearance are roughly modeled upon you will appear in Book II and/or III as a doomed soldier in The Heavenly Army (the 'pseudo-Saracens').
- A line edit and global critique
of a 1K-6K-word short story or novel synopsis.
- A signed, personalized ARC of THRONE OF THE CRESCENT MOON.
- A signed, personalized hardcover 1st edition of THRONE OF THE CRESCENT MOON
(Any of these prizes may be given as a gift as well)
- Whether you would like your contribution to remain anonymous (ie, whether I should keep your name out of the acknowledgements), or how you would like your name to appear in the printed acknowledgements.
- Your first and second choices for raffle prizes, or whether you choose to be excluded from the raffle.
-For the book copies, please include the address you'd like the books sent to. (Keep in mind that the hardcover won't be sent until late January.)
- I'll send you further details on the critique process if you win that prize.
- For tuckerizations, please indicate the name and gender of the person being tuckerized, along with a few lines of
description. Useful details might include hair and eye color, build, 'distinguishing features,' etc.
- Whether you'd prefer to be contacted at a different email address than the one you sent the contribution through.Thanks a ton! As soon as I hit my goal I will make an announcement and return any further contributions/entries.
Finally, sorry to LJ diehards for posting this here after being away fooling around with twitter so long. But I'm having some issues with my main site.